If there is one person, who changed the entire Indian Economy and Indian Business Structure then it is none other then “Ratan Tata”. Who is the most successful person in the world.
Ratan Tata Family And Early Life Story:
– He was born on December 28, 1937, in Surat, India to Naval Tata was the adopted son of Jamsetji Tata’s younger son Ratanji Tata.
- Father Name: Naval Tata.
- Mother Name: Sonoo Tata.
- Brother Name: Noel Tata.
- Grandmother Name: Navajbai Tata.
– Jamsetji Tata was the founder of the Tata Group of companies. Ratan Tata had two brother’s Jimmy and a stepbrother, Noel Tata.
– When he was ten years old, his parents got separated. And thereafter Ratan Tata and his brother were brought up by his grandmother Navajbai Tata.
Ratan Tata Education:
– Ratan Tata started his schooling at Campion School and finished up at Cathedral and John Connon School.
– After that, he went to New York to study at Cornell University. Where he got a B.S. degree in architecture in structural engineering in 1962.
– He then went to “Harvard Business School” for a degree in the “Advanced Management Program” in 1975. He was in the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity whilst attending college.
Ratan Tata Career:
- In 1971, he was appointed as the Director-in-charge of the National Radio and Electronics Company Limited (NELCO) in order to help its struggling finances.
- He worked towards building a better consumer in electronics divisions. But the economic recession and union strikes prevented him from achieving success.
- In 1991, J.R.D Tata appointed him as the chairman of the Tata Group of companies. This decision came under the curve of the following objections from other executives of the company.
As a chairman role:
– He succeeded in improving the financial success of each and individual industries and expanded the growth of the organization under his leadership. This was a big achievement at a young age. He transformed the management and vision of the division and managed to bring in significantly larger dividends.
– During the 21 years, he led the Tata Group revenues grew over 40 times. And profit more than 50 times. Which he proves that “The decision was not wrong” because under his team there are a lot of seniors are working.
– Tata Motors to acquires Jaguar, Land Rovers, and Tata Steel to Corus. All this turned Tata from a largely India centric group into a global business with over 60% revenues coming from operations and sales in over more than 100 countries.
– In 2008, Ratan Tata launches his mini car called “TATA NANO” at 1 lakh rupees. So that all middle-class people can buy easily. But unfortunately, the project was failed.
– He conceptualized the Tata Nano car. Finally, On 28 December 2012 at the age of 75, Ratan Tata resigned his executive powers from the Tata Group.
– On 12 January 2017, Natarajan Chandrasekaran was appointed as chairman of Tata Sons.
Ratan Tata Net Worth:
– Currently, in 2020, Ratan Tata holds worth more than $ 1 billion (US Dollars) which is approximately 75,71,37,00000 rupees. Which included Cars and Properties.
– Ratan tata receives many awards and recognition across the world. He first received Padma Bhushan in the year 2000 for his tremendous work done throughout his life to building a Tata Empire.
– He also received the prestigious honorary Padma Vibhushan in the year 2008. Rata Tata stands as an example of true success achieve with modern tech.
There is an end to our Article, we hope that you liked the Article, and please don’t forget to comment your thoughts in the comment section below.
Do read our previous article by clicking here
Hosting related content – Best web Hosting